Last Updated on
Do you want to dig up dinosaur remains? Doing so in real life is challenging, but becoming an archaeologist in Bitlife – life simulator is almost as good and quite easy. That is, if you know how to do it. That’s why we created this walkthrough, it will teach you step by step how you can become an archaeologist and unlock the archaeologist achievement. We’ve tried to keep this guide as short and to the point as possible, so let’s get into it.
Follow these steps to become an Archaeologist in Bitlife
Just a quick reminder: we’ve written this guide on becoming an archaeologist from the perspective of starting a new life. We write all our guides this way because it’s the only way it’s applicable to everyone.
- When you start your new life, reroll until you have good starting stats. The main stat you’ll want to look for is a high “smart” stat. Keep starting a new life until you get a smart stat of at least 80.
- Keep progressing through your life while keeping your smarts up. You can do this by visiting the library, reading books and studying hard in school.
- Once it’s time to go to university, choose history. Apply for a scholarship as a way to pay for it.
- Keep studying hard in university and go to the library whenever you can until you graduate.
- Once you graduate, seek higher education and go to graduate school.
- Keep studying hard in grad school, and keep your smarts up by going to the library and reading books.
- Once you graduate, look for a job.
- Apply for the “archaeologist” job. You should get hired without any problems.
- Congratulations, you’re now an archaeologist! Keep working this job for 20 years to unlock the achievement.
What if the history major is not available?
It happens quite often that the major you need is not available. This is a very annoying problem, but luckily there’s an easy fix. Just follow these steps:
- Close the bitlife app completely
- Restart it
- Go to the education window -> university and check if the history major is available now
- If it is, apply, if not repeat this process until it’s available
When I tried it it was available after doing this trick once, but it can happen that it will take longer.
What if the archaeologist job isn’t available?
Just like with the history major, sometimes the job you want also is not available. You can use the same trick we mentioned above to refresh the available jobs. Just do this until the job becomes available.
You can also just choose to work another job for a while. I worked in a museum for a while and just checked the available jobs every year. However, this can take quite a long time, because there’s no guarantee when the archaeologist job will pop up.
We recommend to use the restart trick to get the archaeologist job, especially if you’re going for the achievement since you’ll have to work the job for 20 years to get it.
If you follow these steps, you’ll become an archaeologist in no time. It’s really quite easy.
If you’re stuck on some part of the guide and need our help, feel free to leave us a comment. We’ll gladly help you out. Good luck on your journey to becoming an archaeologist, we hope the guide will help you out!